Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

Iam miss antonellapatane from strathfield we have a serious

Customer Question

Hi iam miss antonellapatane from strathfield we have a serious serious problems with our next door neighbours that there have an industrial air conditioning motor right under neaf my bedroom window every night after night after night from 4.15pm until 12.30am i just had an serious operation on my head to remove some tumors and ijust got home from the hospital i cannot sleep in my bedroom because of this industrial air conditioning unit running 24hours on top of 24hours day and night..we have to take sleeping tablets all put plugs in our ears and tire a scarfs across our head and ears. what should me do give us some advise
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.The following regulation applies to the use of air conditioners during the late evening through to the morning:http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_reg/poteocr2008693/s52.htmlI would suggest you ask your explain your situation to your neighbour and the issue you are having with their air conditioner, and then refer them to the above regulation. If they fail to cease using their A/C during those hours then you should raise the matter with Council, and or the Police as they can issue the relevant notice to the neighbour, and if they then persist in using the A/C in breach of the regulation, they can be fined up to 100 penalty units for each such occasion (each penalty unit is $110 so the fine can be $11,000 for each offence in theory).If for some reason neither the police nor the council are willing to assist, then you will need to consider engaging a lawyer to pursue the matter with the courts directly so that your rights are enforced.I trust the above assists.Please rate my answer.Patrick