Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

If I purchase products from a China factory, and the

Customer Question

Hello.
If I purchase products from a China factory, and the China factory does not send the replacement goods after we returned the faulty goods, can I do anything ?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.How did you pay for it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I paid for it on PAYPAL

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Have you disputed it with Paypal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Leon What does paypal have to do with this ?

I often purchase large volumes from china directly. Just only one company did not stick by the warranty

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonIf you paid by paypal and you have not received the goods or you are dissatisfied you open a dispute through Paypal and they get your money back. There is a time limit to do this and I am asking, as you said you paid via paypal, did you dispute the payment through paypal because you did not get the item replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see. so sorry . I thought you were asking how did I pay for your service

For the goods purchase over seas we always paid by TT prior to shipment

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, My apologies for the misunderstanding. In that case you have to report it to the chinese police and the Australian Federal Police. If you wish to sue them you have to sue in china you cannot do it in australia as the australian courts cannot deal with anyone overseas.http://www.ccmostwanted.com/report-cybercrime-worldwide/http://www.afp.gov.auThis is all you can do. Have you spoken to your bank about trying to get the money back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you think we need to employ a solicitor in China >

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
If you are going to sue in china then you have to hire a chinese Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so is it better we ask the police first or better to get a Chinese solicitor

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, I would contact the person you paid and tell them you are passing their details to the police and if they do not refund the money you will press charges and also that you will sue them for the money in china. Speak to the police first if he doe snot refund you and then look for a solicitor. I hope this is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Leon

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,All the bestYou are very welcome and thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon