Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My daughter is renting a property in the Marian area; Mackay.

Customer Question

My daughter is renting a property in the Marian area; Mackay. In the last three months, she has been in discussion with ergon regarding her first account in which she was in the rental for one month. One month account is more than three months. She has approach the rental property agency regarding reading of the metre at time of moving in and they read the number out to her over the phone. When she went in and asked for a print out, she was advise they could not do that; then after further contact (after they blocked her number, and delayed talking with her) they emailed a copy of the photo to her where it appears they have blacked out the numbers. My daughter is at present on sickness benefits and cannot afford to be paying out on incorrect accounts. Ergon have advise they cannot do anything until she presents evidence. Is there anything else we could be doing in getting this evidence?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, When she moved in did she register as the tenant with ergo energy?Does she disputer the amount used? Is the bill only from the date that she moved in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time, however she final got through to the landlord advising them how their agent was dealing with the tenants of their house (herself). They were not very happy and advise the agent of such and instructed them to assist.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, I am happy it is all resolved. You are very welcome and thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon