Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I was recently staying at a friend's place in Hawthorn East.

Customer Question

I was recently staying at a friend's place in Hawthorn East. Which he was supposed to organise taking over lease etc but didnt. Then Council came around and informed me that the Premises was illegal to Rent. The Real Estate lied to the council and said no Bond or Lease and got Friend in Perth to Send Council copies of Lease and Bond.
And Council said That the Real Estate or landlord would have to pay for me to be moved. Even the not on lease? That doesn't bother me.
So Real took vcat cause rent wasn't paid by Friend
I got Vcat warning but all registered mail was in his Name
I was away and got back thursday 25th and on the Saturday the Police turned Up and was Thrown Out and Everything I own is I thought stilk there Im not on lease and was only meant to be Temporary and Richard whos on Lease owed me $3000 but care about that.
What I do care about is Some of My PeWAnal belongings where Handed to the police.
Which will make interesting read cause its about 2 people selling Drugs on line in Melbourne and will be hopefully writing about.
SO WHAT MY BIGGEST CONCERN IS GETTING LANDLORD/ REAL ESATE STOPPED TODAY FROM REMOVING ANYTHING FROM PREMISES UNTIL CASE CWN BE HEARD AND THERES AN UNSIGNED ART PIECE WORTH A BIT SO WHAT CAN I DO. AND WRITING THIS BOOK IS MY FUTURE AND WON'T GET THE PRIVIEGE TO SPEAK TO THEM AGAIN AND ALSO KNOW POLICE HAVE READ AND WHAT CAN HAPPEN THERE? PLS AM DESPETATE, BROKE AND BASICALLY WAS LEFT HOMELESS
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning. My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Did anyone appear at VCAT for the tenant? Or did the landlord (real-estate agent) get the orders in your absence?Are they evicting you today?