Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Can cellphone footage of me speeding be used as evidence? To

Customer Question

Can cellphone footage of me speeding be used as evidence?
To my knowledge there was no radar involved, the only thing that would indicate my speed would be visual estimation.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.If it is by the police then yes it can be used. They have to provide evidence that shows the speed you were doing. Cell phone video may not show your speed but if they were following you, and they show their speed as being over the limit and your car is in the video then this is sufficient I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. I know it is not what you want to hear. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, it was a member of the public on the side of the road with a mobile phone.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good MorningWhat are they alleging?