Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My name is ***** ***** NSW and I have a criminal record

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** NSW and I have a criminal record which is holding me to make any progress in my life and I would like to find away to clear and have a new biggining
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.How long has it been there and were you sentenced to 12 months or more imprisonment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first climinal record was in 2007 where I was married and I end up with my wife we were divorced and because she used to drink alcohol and that's why we were fighting every time . The last one was last year 201 where I had a girlfriend and because of what she was planing to do she decided to call me and try to fight with me but I didn't do anything to her and she went to report me to the police and now she is married with some one else so I think for me want be fair to. Have all this case because they are holding me everything I am trying to I always stuck because of that so that's why I needed new life biggining please if you could help me to clear that.thanks for any question please fill free to contact me on(###) ###-####
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good MorningWhat are the charges?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no charges but The record is there because I found out when I went to do a criminal record check with the police .thanks
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,You had to have been charged by the police or you cannot have a criminal record. The police mucky charge you and then you go to court and are found guilty. Are you saying you never attended Court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attended the court in 2007 but the last year in 2014 I did not go to court and the police charged me for that
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, Do you know what court the 2014 matter was in? You are going to have to find out what happened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was an avo
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Was there a criminal charge of assault attached to it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
The AVO is not a criminal offence and should not appear on your Criminal record.In order to chase that up you have to go back to the court that made the order and have it withdrawn. Do you know what court that was?