Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

We terminated an employee on a Friday and he refused to give

Customer Question

We terminated an employee on a Friday and he refused to give back the key. We deducted the cost $60.00 from his wages for changing the lock. We are going to court for unfair dismissal and the deduction is part of that claim. Can he also make another claim in the small claims court as well.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.He can make a claim for any unpaid wages and entitlements. This is the only other claim that he can make in the local court/Magistrates Court. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon