Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I sold steel ute tray on ebay it was paid paypal

Customer Question

hi I sold steel ute tray on ebay it was paid for on paypal the man how bought it was not happy with the and withdraw the amount back out of paypal now he has my tray and I have no money cheers ***** *****
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Do you know his whereabouts?Had he lodged a dispute with paypal to get his money back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi what he did was to put payment on hold until he saw the tray then withdraw it I did not notice the change in the paypal account until it was to late to put a case against him now ebay does not want to know anything about it how do I go about retrieving the tray
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, Do you know where he is?This is a police matter as he has obtained a benefit by deception and you can also sue him civilly for the money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi yes I have his address and e mai[
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi I would like to talk to you a.s.a.p.(###) ###-####
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Cant talk at the moment. Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi thanks should I go to the local majistrate at noosa court house for more legal advise I live in qld the person that bought the tray is in vic $300 transport fees to recover cheers ***** *****
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
You should go to the magistrates Court and sue him there. Tell them the defendant is in Victoria and they will assist you with the service of the paperwork. Also you should report this to the Victorian Police. Give them copies of everything you have and any emails demanding that you get back your tray or the money paid. You can claim the legal filing fee and if the total amount is over $1,000.00 you can charge interests as well.