Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have booked an overseas holiday my family including

Customer Question

I have booked an overseas holiday for all my family including my grandchildren last year. Just recently my daughters husband left her for another women and now says that the two boys are not to go out of Australia and overseas to China with the rest of the family. There is 19 of us going all together. Can I get a court decision to allow the boys to come as the husband was all too willing for them all to go when I booked the trip
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.When are you leaving?Do the children have passports?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are leaving on the 20th September,2015 and yes the two boys have their own passports already. Russell was ok with them going till last week when he changed his mind
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, I would suggest you take an aggressive stance and wrote to him advising that the tickets are paid for ang you want his consent to have the children come along. If he refuses then you take the matter to the Family Court any get urgent orders and provide the court copies of the letters between you. Do not rely on phone calls. You have to do this ASAP as time is running rand the courts are very busy, The courts will grant the orders and you can seek costs as well. You can speak to a Solicitor that practices in family law to assist you but you have to take this stance otherwise he can cause you issues. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I do not know his address in Western Australia nor does my daughter, would an email be legal ?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, You can write to him in an email. You can use emails as evidence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advise & have a good week end
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
I hope it all goes well and all the bestYou are very welcome and thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon