Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

A friend I know has been advised that he has been banned for

Customer Question

A friend I know has been advised that he has been banned for 4 weeks from attending junior football matches. He received no formal correspondence as to why he has been banned and he was not formally requested or summoned to the tribunal to supply a defence. To date he has not been issued with the formal notification of the ban or any formal documentation from the league. What are his rights.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you. Has he chased up the people that organise the matches to confirm if the rumours are true?Usually he should have been told directly if he has not been told then he has no way of knowing and can attend. They may ask him to leave and at that point he will be made aware of it and can lodge a complaint to be allowed to attend.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As he has not been given natural justice can he sue his accusors and the league?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, He does not know if he has been banned. They have not told him. Once they tell him he has to appeal their decision through the league. If that fails then he can sue them but compensation will be minimal. Has he been officially given the ban by the league?