Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Tree from one property falling into the next property NSW

Customer Question

Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A tree from the school play ground has fallen across our yard covering an area of about 15x10m the result of the April 2015 storm.
Question if the section in the school property is removed only can I return the section in our property back over the boundary to the school property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No files
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,They have to have the lot removed and pay for any damages that have been suffered on your property. Contact the Department of Education and get it dealt with or the SES. It is not your responsibility and any costs you incur to have it cut and moved you can charge them. I hope this makes sense?