Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Andrea, My name is ***** ***** i am trying to join the

Customer Question

Hi Andrea,
My name is ***** ***** i am trying to join the Aust Army. I made it to the medical stage but failed the hearing test and was deemed medically unfit for ADF on grounds of failing ADF hearing standards. I have been to my family doctor and an audiologist specialist and my hearing is deemed excellent (my doctor wrote a letter using these exact words) I know have to write a letter to chief medical officer to appeal their original decision, dont know where to start as im sure my evidence and letter will be scrutinised.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have just added reports from dr and audiologist and letters from adf
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Do you know what the standard for the ADF is and have you provided that to your audiologist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only information provided by adf is in the documentation provided in the attachment i sent you
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, I would suggest that you contact The ADF and request they provide you with details of what the standard is for your hearing. In order for you to be able to fight it finding you need to know what the standard is and then have the audiologist refer to be standard and give a report that you meet the minimum standard. I would suggest that you seek an internal review through the ADF and provide them with the report you have.I hope this makes sense?