Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I'm currently residing im Australia under a 457 visa and would

Customer Question

I'm currently residing im Australia under a 457 visa and would like to apply for permanent residency and would like to understand my options
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.It is not a simple thing to do but you can transition to a PR.The following link is detailed on how this can be done. http://www.4-corners.com.au/blog/bid/295107/How-do-I-transition-from-a-457-visa-to-permanent-residenceYou have to stay on the 457 for 2 years and then go onto other visas as the link suggests. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon