Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My mine site went into receivership while I was out on

Customer Question

Hi. My mine site went into receivership while I was out on R&R. My question is can I go on site to pick up my personal belongings from my room? Bearing in mind it would be a***** so I don't want to go all that way to be told no.
Thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane.Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, do you know the contact details of the receivers/trustees who have been appointed? What has AFSA told you? I recommend contacting them to identify and claim your possessions - then to discuss/arrange for the collection of your personal items (if possible). you will need to co-ordinate access to the site, etc. It is also possible the receiver will organise to ship/deliver your personal items to you at a later date. If this is the case, you will need to provide them will an inventory of items for them to verify, and a shipping address. Kind regards, James