Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

A VCAT decision has gone against us for $6000. We had bad

Customer Question

A VCAT decision has gone against us for $6000. We had bad advice and did not attend the hearing and our side of the dispute was not heard at all. We are Landlords. We expected to pay maybe at worst $1000-$2000. The cost of going further to achieve this - we will still be out of pocket the same if we got a better result.
Do I have to pay this? If so, can we pay it off?
Thank you
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.If the order was that you pay their costs then you have to pay them unless you can reach an agreement to pay less. You can always ask to pay by instalments.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards