Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My grandson has had an allegation made against him. H is 18,

Customer Question

My grandson has had an allegation made against him. H is 18, his Girlfriend just turned 16. Yes they have had sex when she was 15. An anonymous letter was sent to his mother and the person also contacted the police. They have spoken to his girlfriend but not my grandson as yet. The police will not reveal the persons name. My daughter and grandson are sure they know who the person is. She has sent nasty texts and facebook messages to my grandson. My questions are
can they get the name of thd person making the allegation
will he be charged...the biggest worry as he is due to enlist in the Army in August
can they take action against the person making the allegation.
it appears this is just an act of spite.
many thanks
Pauline
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.He has a huge issue, it is sexual assault to have intercourse with a person under the age of 16 and it does not matter if they consent or not. He should not say anything to the police apart from his name and his address. He has a right to remain silent and this will not be held against him. If he does say anything it will be used against him in court. You will know who has made the allegations once the police charge him. All the evidence has to be provided to your grandson if the matter is going to go to hearing and the person that has made the allegations will have to be a witness to the police. Until then the police do not have to tell you anything and contacting this person will not assist at the present time if you know or suspect who it is. The police are making enquiries and investigation at the moment and your grandson should keep quiet. Until you know more about what the police are going to do you do nothing. I hope this makes sense?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards