Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Family told me of break in to unoccupied house on family farm,

Customer Question

Family told me of break in to unoccupied house on family farm, which apparently occurred day before mothers funeral.As none of them were there and no neighbors informed them, I believe that they did it themselves as I was to have items that were not left to them in will.What can I do about it now?Also my brothers have been harassing my cousin and I, with phone calls and following us, also asking information about us at our local supermarket even though they know where we live.Cauzing us much stress on our health.Please could you help? Kathleen.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Are you asking about how to stop the harassment?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
If you are being harassed and intimidated then you can take out an intervention order through the courts. If you fear for your safety then you can get the police to take one out on your behalf particularly of you can show a threat of violence or actual violence.
Here is some information.
https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/personal-safety-intervention-orders
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards