Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Live in retirement village. Staff employed by management now

Customer Question

Live in retirement village. Staff employed by management now making referrals & negotiating sales within village. Manager resides in Sydney and holds NSW Real Estate license. 1. Negotiated sale on behalf of former resident. 2. Refused to make a referral for another resident who was using a lic real estate agent. 3. Re 2. Would only make a referral if ceased local lic agent. Referral fee $2000.00. To direct potential purchaser to relevant person seeking sale. 4 re 1 told owner of #2 negotiated sale of empty unit for $45k over asking price. 5. Concerns re a. Legality. B. Potential elder abuse. 6. This employee refers owners to get own lawyer and two lawyers handle sake for seller and buyer
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.I am unsure what you are asking. Has the property been sold? Did the resident selling the unit, sign an agreement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Village located in qld. 2. Management office staff located within village. Manager lic real estate agent in NSW. Lives in sydney. 3. Local staff have commenced referring potential buyers and also showing and negotiating with potential buyers. Referral fee $2000.00. Local staff do not sign any documents but advise sellers and buyers to seek own lawyers to complete sale. 3. Refused to refer buyers to other resident using local qld lic real estate agents.4. Unknown if sold unit owner signed any agreement. Current seller has not signed any agreement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just seeking clarification re legality associated with this process
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,
If the seller has not signed anything they are not bound to pay anything.
The benefit received by the village should be disclosed to any buyer.
If the seller is not signing anything with the agent the seller can appoint who ever they want to sell their unit.
I am still not sue what the issue is?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know. If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. I look forward to hearing from you. RegardsLeon
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards