Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have a question if u can please help me with it I'm 23

Customer Question

Hi I have a question if u can please help me with it I'm 23 years old and I moved out of home after a fight with my parents and I no longer talk to them I used to have a passport but my parents burnd it for me I tried to apply for a new one but the passport Center asking for my parents citizen chip and I can't get it because we don't talk i tried applying for my own citizen chip but in the form they asking for documents from the parents witch I can't get so what can I do to get a passport
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.This is an illegal act and you should report it to the Passport Office and the police. You can apply for a new passport form the passport office.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand but they still need the documents that I can't get
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon,You report this to the police and they should be able to assist you to get them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already tried that and they said they can't force them to give u documents about them that they don't wanna give a out like a copy of there citizen chip so I can apply for the passport
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon. In that case you have to speak to the Department and see what else they will accept and how can you get copies for yourself. You should be able to apply for your own citizenship document as you are a citizen. You should complete a form 119http://www.immi.gov.au/forms/Documents/119.pdfYou do not need copies of your parents documents you ask fro one for you. You will need ID fro you though.