Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

We have leased our cafe building...the contract stated we would

Customer Question

We have leased our cafe building...the contract stated we would only pay for the motors for three commercial fridges, no other costs....the tenants were happy to sign this and the fridges were in good working order...now they are demanding we pay for any costs associated with these fridges. It is now 15 months since the beginning of the contract.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.You have every right to claim the costs of the fridges from them. They were aware of what they were signing and they signed it. They are bound to pay. They cannot come and claim them back from you. They should have had the appropriate insurances to cover the motors. You have nothing to worry about. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards