Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I Bought A House Largely Because Of The way It was Described

Customer Question

I Bought A House Largely Because Of The way It was Described In The Ads.and From Photos .I Also Spoke To The Owner Who Was Also The Agent. He Gavebit A Glowing Description.however After Moving In I Find That It Is in A Bad State Of Dissrepair.i Know I Was Misled And Told Lies.do I Have A Chance Of Retrieving Any Of My Money?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.The news is not good. The saying buyer beware applies to buying a home as with everything else.The contract would have said that you have inspected the property and accepted it in its current state andcondition. If you do not do the inspections this is at your risk. If the Agent has mislead you then you can sue them but you need copies of the advertisements to show the misleading and deceptive conduct. What state are you in? Did you have a solicitor act for you on the purchase?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards