Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My daughter would like to make contact with her sibling,

Customer Question

Hi ,My daughter would like to make contact with her sibling, a daughter from a previous marriage that my husband had .His ex wife remarried and she was legally adopted by them.I do not know her adoptive name(stepfather) to start looking for her and I just keep running into brick walls. can you he;p?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.If the adoption was throughout he Supreme Court then you can make enquiries about the parents as they would be on the application. Did your husband agree to the adoption and did he sign orders?