Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Our family farm was crown grant provided. the

Customer Question

our family farm was crown grant for services provided. the original grant was 50 acres. that was repossessed and reinstated at a later date. the 50 acres became 180 acres.
in 1972 the land was again acquired by necessity. it was sold for just over one million dollars. the current market value of the land would be close to two hundred million dollars and i feel our family have been significantly short changed.
i would like to know if we are entitled to appeal on grounds of easement. the value of the land at sale, with 10% compounding interest would equate to approx. thirty two million, against the current market value of significant extreme.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.When it was sold the land value at that time is what they have to pay you not what it is worth today.I am sorry but you cannot make a claim. If it was worth 1 million in 1972 and they purchased for $100,000.00 then you could sue for the difference because you were not paid the market rate. If it was purchased for the market rate art the time you cannot come back now and dement what it is worth now. I am sorry but you have no claim. Was it market value at the time? If not why did you not dispute it at that time?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards