Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

When giving a positive reading to a road side drug test what

Customer Question

when giving a positive reading to a road side drug test what is the dutie of care of the police to make sure you get home safely when your in the middle of no were and you have told them you are a disability pensioner with a mental illness and u have no way of contacting anybody because you have left your phone at home and u dont no any ones numbers and it is minus 3 degrease and you arnt allowed to drive for 24 hours
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.They do not owe you a duty of care if you have indicated that you can get home yourself. If you are no coherent then they will arrange for an ambulance to take you to the hospital.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well that is the point i had no way of getting home i told them this and the fact that i had no medication on me at the time i also showed them a letter from the doctor i have to carry in my wallet that tells them i need to have my pills when i get stressed out witch i was thanks to them and it was 12.30 at night they new i didnt have a clue were they had taken me if u live in nsw u would have to no were lithgo is and how cold it is this time of year and i live in liverpool atleast 2hours away without anyway of contacting any body there wasn't even any trains till what ever time the next day i just dont understand how they can take me from the safety of my car and not have to atleast contact any body or at least drop me back to my car and if thats the case were do i stand if i was to refuse to leave the safety of my when they request me to ucompany them back to the station
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonDid you ask them to call a cab or do anything? If you made that request and it was ignored you can make a complaint to Police Headquarters and the Ombudsman.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards