Brisbane.Lawyer
Brisbane.Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Lawyer of the Federal and High Courts of Australia; Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Qld
75875724

My son has been working company years and has

Customer Question

My son has been working for a company for two years and has been told his super is being paid to his super account.
His payslips reflects that super has been paid.
He recently checked his super account and discovered that no money has been paid into his super account since he started.
He has written to his employer outlying the amount of the missing super and the loss of interest which has occurred.
His employer has yet to rectify the situation.
My son would like to keep his job as well as getting the money that is owed paid to his super account
He is reluctant to report it to the. ATO for fear of losing his job
Do have any advice as what his next step should be ????
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane.Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Your son needs to report this to the ATO, asap. If his employer is not paying his Super since he started, it is also likely they are not paying any of his fellow employees Super either... which could amount to a large amount of $$$. This is a sure sign that his employer is having financial difficulty, and may not be in business much longer... if his employer folds, and the owners go bankrupt, he may never see this money. If the employer takes any adverse action against him, as a result of his standing up for his workplace rights.. he would have legal rights to protect himself. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Kind regards, James