Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Good afternoon could you tell me is there a way to dissolve

Customer Question

Good afternoon could you tell me is there a way to dissolve give back ANYTHING timeshare ownership. l am now semi retired and cannot afford the fees l have tried selling through timeshare sale sites only to have spent thousands of dollars and never hear from the sellers again. l have also listed my timeshare with the company that owns it (Classic) no sale. This has been ongoing for the past 5yrs l am getting desperate l don't won't any money l just wont to not have to worry about paying the fees we have had the timeshare since 1991 the timeshare is paid for and all fees are up to date thank you for your time B Holstein
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.
Are you able to forward to me a copy of the agreement that you signed by email to***@******.***
I will look at the agreement and see whether there is a termination clause that you can use to end the agreement.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
l do not have an agreement only the certificate of title (torrent title) and a share certificate
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
Can you send me that by email and I will see what i can find out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Leon
hopefully find the files attached Bonnie
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
The documents do not show much
Are you able to get anything from them that you signed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No l am sorry it was to long ago we bought the time share in 1991 was just wanting to know if there is a way to give it back to the company as selling it seems to not be an option(have contacted the company several times asking for assistance they have just said l can sell privately or list with a timeshare resales company have tried both of those options with no success) or any other way to legally dispose of it l am not after money as l said l just can't afford to keep paying the levies
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon,
The agreement that was entered into will advise what you can and cannot do.
I believe these agreements are harsh and unjust making it difficult to terminate and the only possible way of no longer paying is to sell the timeshare or given away.
If you can obtain a copy of the agreement from them I can look at it and ascertain whether there are any other options.
My concern about you not paying the levies, is they can sue and declare you bankrupt which would cause you immense issues with your other assets.
I need the agreement to be able to tell you anything further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
l will email the company and see if they have a copy thank you
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon,
I look forward to hearing from you.