Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I currently help a friend applying tourism 600 visa. Her

Customer Question

Hi, I currently help a friend applying tourism 600 visa. Her application got refused and the reason was she couldn't prove she's going back to China. She's unemployed at the moment, however married with a husband also need to support her aging mother. She is invited by me to visit as a close friends grown up with and I will cover her cost in Australia. I work in Australia public sector and has sponsored my parents many times with no problem. Can I know if I can act as an exempt person for her in this case and submit application in Australia? (it says reletives but we are only friends). Also, she applied 6 months, if say 3 months would that be easier? Can I get her to write a declearation and attach my gurantee she'll go back on time to get the next application approved?
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.
Why could she not prove she was going back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please read the file
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
She can appeal the decision with the Tribunal
Here is the link about reviewing the decision
http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/review.htm
This is her openly option.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know how can I make immigration officer believe she's going to go back & what material will satisfy 6 months visa stay in Australia.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
It appears that the issue is the amount of money she will be bringing with her they feel it is not enough.
If you want to convince then she has to appeal and you can give evidence on you supporting her.
Will she have a return ticket?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes she will have a return ticket but normally the visa is granted b/f she purchase her ticket. She did her documents according to the requirements 75k Rmb which is about 15k AuD in her bank account and I also provided financial support for all her other expenditure. The fact she doesn't have her own property and currently unemployed made the officer drawing conclusion that she's not returning. I find it very frustrating because that's the fact & I can't get her a house or other assets. She has her hudsband in China & it doesn't seem useful to prove anything.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
She has to appeal and you can then provide evidence on your support.
You should net need to get her a house.
They want to be certain she is going to return to China and not stay in Australia.