Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My ex and two mates entered my property while I was not home

Customer Question

My ex and two mates entered my property while I was not home to remove the property belonging to my ex. The padlock on the gate was cut and they entered the house as well as the shed. I had specifically asked they do not enter the property on said day as I was not home..My ex told mutual friends he would not enter but did so anyway. Do I have a good case to have any or all 3 up for trespass?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
I assume your ex also has his name on the property or on the lease if it is rented.
If that is the case he has the right to enter unless you have a court order to stop him coming.
Do you have any court actions for a property split with the Federal Circuit Court?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
I am just following up my last post.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
Just checking to see if you still need assistance?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning.
If your ex is on the lease or on the title and he authorised them to enter they have a right.
In relation to the damage to padlocks etc that is an offence of destroying private property and is they took anything that was yours that is also a crime and you should call the police.
I hope this makes sense and if there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards