Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Purchased property 5 years ago. Nice quite country road in

Customer Question

Purchased property 5 years ago. Nice quite country road in Queensland. Now found out that this will be turned into a major road and require up to 2 years of work and have a heavy traffic load. This will effectively devalue our property and the quiet life style we envisaged when we purchased the property.
This road had been gazetted. When we had conveyancing done we were not advised. If we had been advised we would not have purchased the property.
We intend to sell but the value of our property has been reduced considerably.
Do we have a case against the conveyancing company.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
If the proposal was around at the time and you instructed your conveyancer to undertake all the enquiries and he or she did not you can seek to sue them for damages.
It all depends on what you instructed them to do.
If there was nothing proposed at the time of the purchase then you cannot sue anyone. You have to look at when it was gazetted and also what searches the conveyancer had undertaken and what your instructions were.
Look at the first letter you received from them after exchange and see what that says.
You will have to request that the file be released and give it to a solicitor that practises in professional negligence and they will look at it in more details and advise you furhter.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards