Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have had 2 scratch & win tickets posted to my home address,

Customer Question

I have had 2 scratch & win tickets posted to my home address, 1 ticket was 2nd prize 165,000.00 USD, to claim the prize they are requesting we pay 3630 USD as required by the Hong Kong Government, because this is an international transaction for a large sum of money, they need to apply to the Hong Kong Court for a "Letter of Authorization".
This letter I was told is a safeguard to ourselves & the sponsor of the prize money.
The Hong Kong high court charge 4.4% as a security deposit bond, which they told me they will pay half the amount, & I pay the other half. When the High court receives this money they will issue 2 copies of "Letter of Authorization" & then the sponsor will release the cash prize. My question is do you know if this is valid or am I being part of a scam? They did refer me to goggle- Hong Kong Law Chapter 615 section 4, which I did refer to, it seemed relevant but not sure.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
It is a scam.
Email them and tell them that you allow them to deduct the money from the winnings.
It is a scam do not send them any money
Here is some information.
http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/778617
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good evening
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards