Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Information regarding the legal documents relating to the

Customer Question

Information regarding the legal documents relating to the Mechanics Institute I am a committee member for.
The initial MI committee association was deregistered on 27/09/2001. We the newly formed committee reformed the association and registration was 12/09/2013. Along with our newly formed committee, our organisation became a member of the Mechanics Institute of Victoria, we have access to the combined resources for grants,which will enable us to better preserve the heritage of our Institute.
Our 3 trustees are no longer alive, our solicitor had been currently handling the legal documents relating to our Mechanics Institute . Title of deed etc. and was working pro bono for us and was a wonderful support for us all. He died as of 2 months ago and all documents related to our institiute were passed on to another local soloist or with instructions he was to continue the same service to our community and our group.unfortunately he is not committed to our group and not happy to work Pro bono
Could you assist with the following information?
1. who owns the mechanics institiute documents held in the solicitor's office?
2. who can have access to them?
3. We were under the impression as we are a mechanics institute we are not require to have new trustees as it is over 148 years old
Hoping that you can assist,
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
Do you have anything in writing that the work was to be done pro bono?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
I am just following this up.
Do you still need assistance?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
Are you still in need of assistance?