Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Leon, Thank you prompt response. I left a store

Customer Question

Hi Leon, Thank you for your prompt response. I left a store without paying for a bottle of wine & the store have asked the police to press charges. I am meeting with them on Tuesday. I think I will be needing legal representation in court in Sydney .. Also I'm very nervous about what penalty may be imposed .. I read there can be a jail term?? Also can you advise how a notice to attend court is served as I certainly don't want mail like that coming to my home ;(
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
If this is a first offence you will not get a jail term.
I cannot represent you all I can do is give you information that you can use.
The Notice can be served on your by the police or they can post it to your last known address.
If you see the police they will give you the documents.
Why did you take it? Do you still have the wine?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
I am following up on my last post. If you still require assistance can you please provide me with a response to my questions?