Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My son is currently here on a working holiday visa and

Customer Question

Hi
My son is currently here on a working holiday visa and would like to be able to stay here. I am an Australian citizen by descent and have only been living in Australia since 30 September 30th 2014. He is 20 years old and not in full time education although I can prove he is dependent on me. What are our options visa wise?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
He is too old to be on your visa
If you have lived in Australia for 2 years then he can apply for citizenship by descent as well.
If he is prepared to take on full time study he can obtain a student visa and once you have been here for 2 years he can apply for citizenship
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/how_to_apply/descent/
Does he want to study?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
Just following up my last post.
Are you still after information?