Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My brother has power of attorney (enduring) mother who is 88 yrs old, she is in an

Customer Question

My brother has power of attorney (enduring) for my mother who is 88 yrs old, she is in an aged care home how every she wishes to be cared for at home. My brother lives in the house with his daughter. I have repeatly requested him to look at a home care package, however he has refused to consider this option, and has theatened to put an intervention on me to prevent me from contacting her. ( my brother and mother are in Melbourne and I live in Broome WA. I talk with my mum everyday on the phone.if need be can I challenge his power of attorney.?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
What do the doctors say about your mum being able to go home?
I will be back shortly
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon,
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week.
At the doctors giving your mum consent to come home and does your mum have her own faculties?