Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I need an individual to assist in preparing/modifying pleadings

Customer Question

I need an individual to assist in preparing/modifying pleadings in the Maitland/Newcastle area. I am a self-litigant with little resources in mortal combat with a bank. A final year law student, retired lawyer or perhaps freelance lawyer that can assist face to face. I also need to file an appeal and wish to challenge the system on the basis of “Equality of Arms”.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello
As we are unable to assist face to face, all you can do is speak with the law society of NSW and have them refer a solicitor to you for free or at a reduced rate.
Speak with them and have you referred to the Law Society Pro Bono Scheme
http://www.lawsociety.com.au/ForSolictors/professionalsupport/buildyourpractice/probonoscheme/index.htm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response. Although I live in NSW it is a QLD matter and as such the NSW law society cannot assist. Notwithstanding and without going to detail I have tried to get assistance from dozens of sources over months.

Again I ask:

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
http://www.qls.com.au/Knowledge_centre/Access_to_justice/QLS_Pro_Bono_Scheme
QLD law society offers the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you again for your response. The QLD law society refers pro bono cases to Qplich who are unable to assist. I repeat, notwithstanding and without going to detail I have tried to get assistance from dozens of sources over months.

Again I ask:

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
I would suggest that you contact the law schools at the Universities and see if they can pass on the messages to students that may want to assist.
As for retired Solicitors you may have to place an advertisement in a newspaper.
Being in Newcastle NSW you will have to be travelling to QLD to see this person.
The laws are similar but the possession list in QLD works very different to here in NSW.
Also the Law Society in QLD may be willing to assist you with placing an advertisement in their journal which circulates to all Solicitors that are employed and retired.
These are the best options I can offer you.
Whether these people would be prepared to assist free is between you and them.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance
Here is a link to the law schools in QLD
http://www.studyinqueensland.com/list/law-schools/
Good luck
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards