Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Worried father in Australia. My daughter met a male named Francis

Customer Question

Worried father in Australia. My daughter met a male named Francis Ozoka from Nigeria, now in Australia for the last 18 months( Approx) on a student Visa but not attending University and using the funds to play the Foreign Exchange. He has proposed Marriage to my daughter within days of meeting her. Sounds very wrong to me, but my daughter tends to believe his word. Is immigration my best source of contact. Hope you can help
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello
One can only think it is a sham marriage to get him here. Depending what part of Nigeria you are from, there are parts that deal in drugs, others that deal with internet scams and the like.
I have represented a few from there.
In respect of the matter, all you can do is deal with Immigration and the Federal Police and see if they can do some preliminary investigations at least and see if they will be able to see if there is issue.
Please click accept and leave feedback.