Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Just need some advice on which way to go. I have paid

Customer Question

Hi.. Just need some advice on which way to go. I have paid my friend over $5,000 for a holiday she asked me to go on she had already paid for accomadation and said all I need to pay for is fligjts and activities she booked everything now has decided to cancel with only 4 weeks to go.. She is willing to give me my tickets and receipts but I won't be able to use them as I now have no way of securing accomadation financially with the short notice.. I have travel insurance but don't think they will help as I don't have anything physically wrong preventing me from going.. Is there anything I can do at all.. I would never have agreed to go in the first place if I had to find the money for accomadation as I only had 6 months to pay for everything in.. She was originally going with another person that's why she had already paid for accomadation in apartments and said she needed me to go as she can't walk well and would not be able to go alone so would lose her money if I did nt go and that it was not going to cost her anymore for me to share the accomadation that's why I did nt need to pay for it.. I have paid her for everything else now she has done this knowing I have no way to use the tickets and receipts .. Will probably lose everything but thought I would ask anyway louise Mackenzie
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
You cannot use your travel insurance because you cannot find cheap accommodation
Can you change the flights to a later date?