Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My car was crashed into whilst parked outside my house and

Customer Question

My car was crashed into whilst parked outside my house and subsequently written off. The guy responsible admitted responsibility.
I bought the car in November last year for $18500 with finance supplied from Stratton who also supplied the insurance. For some reason, however, the car was only insured for $13400 without my knowledge or confirmation.
So although I was at no fault what so ever, the insurance company won't pay out any more and I will be left with no car and a debt!
I have researched online and the cheapest like for like vehicle within my state is over $20000.
Is there anything I can do to get more money, therefore enabling me to buy a new car
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
Why are you claiming on your insurance and not on the other drivers?
What is the market value of the car?
Did you insure for purchase value or market value?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
I am just chasing up my last post.
Do you still need assistance?