How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is on parole and residing with me his ex partner has

Customer Question

My son is on parole and residing with me his ex partner has initiated contact with him in regards ***** ***** him with his infant children who he has yet to meet, there is an existing dvo covering his ex and children and as part of his parole conditions he is to have no contact with the above, what are his options in this case as naturally he would like to see his children.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
He is in breach of the DVO and also his parole conditions and if the ex complains he will be sent back and locked up for the breach.
If she wants to vary the conditions for the purpose of him seeing the children she has to approach the police to change the DVO and he has to apply to have the parole conditions varied.
If he continues to do what he is doing he risks her notifying the police and going back to prison.
Have you spoken to her about changing the DVO?
Does he have a Parole Officer and has he spoken too them about getting things changed?