Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I might be going back to USA from June to

Customer Question

Hi, I might be going back to USA for workwork from June to october and will need to go to US consulate IN Sydney for work visa. I got a section 10 with 12month good behaviour bond starting December 2014. It was for larceny. Do i have to disclose this, will they be anle to lool it up. What r my chances of them granting me a visa if I disclose
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
Yes you do
Until the good behaviour bond period is over it will appear on your record.
Also for the US they ask you if you have been charged. This means you will have to disclose the charge even after the good behaviour bond has expired.
By disclosing it you will be in a better position to get the visa than not disclosing it.
If you do not have anything else on your record I suspect they will be ok with it but you have to disclose it.
Here is some information for you.
http://canberra.usembassy.gov/arrests_convictions/arrests-and/or-convictions-info.html
I hope this makes sense?