How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 43229
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds
Australia Law

I'm on bail and the registered address bail address

I'm on bail and the... Show More
I'm on bail and the registered address for my bail address is a place I'm subleasing off a friend. He is the actual tenant and is the person on the lease but doesn't live at the property. He has informed me that his lease had been cancelled and I must vacate immediately. What do I do I. Terms of making sure I dint breach my bail? Should I go to a police station and let them know? I'm due to appear in court again on thursday
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Show Less
Ask Your Own Australia Law Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 5215
Experience: Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
replied 1 year ago.
Go to the police now and indicate to them where you propose to stay and advise them of the current situation.
It is imperative that you do so.
No you have not breached bail, but it is necessary to advise them as to what is happening.
Please click accept / leave feedback as to my service.
Leon, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 43229
Experience: BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
You have to advise the court and the police that you are having to leave and move elsewhere.
Provided the police and the court accept where you are living you have nothing to worry about.
Do you have anywhere else to live?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can stay with a friend. Do you actually have to sleep at your bail address every night? Or what does reside mean?

Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
it actually depends on what the bail conditions say
If they say you have to be there from X time to X time then yes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

It just says reside. My next court date is actually omorrow

Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
It means you have to live with there and sleep there.
You have to tell the court you are moving and the new address.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Every night?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Well my next scheduled court appearance is tomorrow so I can advise them then. It's I my tonight thatch will not be at that address

Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
If you are supposed to live there yes every night.
If you wish to go elsewhere you have to have the conditions changed to say that you can stay elsewhere but you need to notify the police of where you will be.
This can be done and you need the police consent to do it.
Good luck
If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.