Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have two driving offences dating back from 2014 which

Customer Question

Hi I have two driving offences dating back from 2014 which I ja e to attend court over on Monday. I was nominating two drivers for them both traffic camera offences. One was my apprentice and another person in my work van at the time. It got to the stage were I filled out a revocation form for both but it was rejected and I opted to go to court. I don't have photo evidence of he fines. What is the likely outcome of the situation or what should I have ready for court as I am going by myself. I have adjourned it once. Can I do it again? If not what is my best attack from here and if they reject it all what is he outcome?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
They have to provide you with the photos on Monday
You can ask the court if they do not provide them to you.
Are you still arguing it was not you?
Are you wanting to plead not guilty? What evidence do you have that you were not the driver?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am saying not guilty. I don't really have any evidence so not sure what to do
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
If you plead not guilty the court will set the matter for a hearing.
They will ask you to tell them how many witnesses you will have.
If you have no evidence to prove you were not the driver, then you will be found guilty and you will pay the fine and also court costs.
The fact you own the vehicles the law says you are liable unless you can identify the other drivers.
Are the other drivers prepared to come and give evidence that they were the drivers?