Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

There, I moved to Australia from New Zealand in june 2010 and am a self employed sub co

Customer Question

Hi there, I moved to Australia from New Zealand in june 2010 and am a self employed sub contractor. I haven't filed a tax return since moving here and its really starting to worry me. until the beginning of this year my work and income has been quite inconsistent and haven't made more that around 60k per year, last year I made around 45k. I need to get on top of this but im a bit fearful of contacting the ATO, what should I do?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
Do you have records of what you earned and what you spent?
Do you have an ABN and also a Tax File number?