Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have just finished work and am wondering if i am able to

Customer Question

I have just finished work and am wondering if i am able to get redundancy pay out .I received the following letter . As you are aware our operations in Port Hedland have been winding down over the past twelve months and with the final handover of the last project we have closed down our depot and ceased working in Port Hedland completely. As such your position is no longer viable and so we no longer need your services.Dose this relate to redundancy . I have worked for them for nearly 3 years i have just turned 60 any information we be of great help . Lindsay Sanders
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
Were you made redundant, did they terminate the contract you were on or did you resign?