Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I entered an agreement on the 9.3.15 to purchase a bedroom

Customer Question

I entered an agreement on the 9.3.15 to purchase a bedroom shutter and paid $1700.00 deposit of the required price of $3358.00.
I was never asked any of the required purchase questions.
After a contact withe firm MODERN GROUP, I was offered a "goodwill discount" of $368.00 and an assurance that delivery was imminent.
Today, further enquiries revealed that the blinds were still being made
"overseas" and that the Manager was unavailable but would call back asap. No telephone call was received.
Am I the victim of a SCAM!?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I will attempt to work with you to determine the exact situation. I see you are from Western Australia. The Business Name of the company you have contracted with is Modern Group. Do you know whether this company is based in Australia? Where did you find out about them? online? which website? Does the Contract quote a ACN (Australian Company Number) or an ABN (Australian Business Number)? How did you pay? Credit or Debit Card, Paypal, BPAY, or cash by bank transfer? if by bank transfer, which bank account did you pay the money to? I await your responses before continuing, kind regards, James
In addition, if Modern Group is not a company, does the Contract, say X trading as Modern Group.... If so, please advise what X is?