Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I sent my question earlier this morning. No response as yet?

Customer Question

I sent my question earlier this morning. No response as yet? Strange.
Col young.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello,The website's question list does not display any questions from your username, other than this one. That probably explains why no one has answered. Feel free to restate the question here, and be happy to try to help.
Hello,The website's question list does not display any questions from your username, other than this current question. That probably explains why no one has answered. Feel free to restate the question here, and be happy to try to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My statement/question was - I had a tenant in a unit who got behind in paying rent. Unbeknown to me, he had criminal charges pending & vacated unannounced to avoid a Court Appearance. Police have a warrant for his arrest & there is evidence he has gone interstate.
He left a small car registered in his name. It is Qld registration & apparently without encumbrances.
What procedures can I undertake to have it transferred to myself ( also Qld ) to compensate for the unpaid rent etc?
Naturally he hasn't responded to phone calls or text messages as he is obviously in hiding.
Regards. Col Young.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've sent it again. Trust you receive it & acknowledge advise. I've paid a larger than normal amount.
Regards. Col Young.
Hello again,
I've just been alerted that your question comes from Australia. The question was posted in the USA Landlord-Tenant category --which is why no one is able to answer (none of us are licensed to practice law in your lovely nation).
I will ask customer service to transfer the question appropriately. Please don't reply to this message, because it will slow down the transfer process.
Thanks again for using justanswer.com!
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
You are going to have to sue him for the money and once you are successful and have judgement then you will seek to have his car seized and sold.
When you leased him the premises did you get a bond and did he sign a Tenancy agreement? What state of Australia are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leon.
As I said, I'm in Qld & he is in hiding no doubt interstate with the arrest warrant in place etc.
I didn't have any written tenancy agreement or bond.
I feel your suggestion would be impractical. Surely there is a regulation for abandoned goods at least?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
Do you know anyone that may know him or his where abouts?