Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I am lookingfor a general interest remittance request template

Customer Question

Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. I am not sure what you are asking. Can you please be more specific?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a letter to the ATO making a formal request to have GI remittance waived based on circumstances beyond our control - ie climate, natural disasters, GFC, floods etc
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,Generally they will only remit once the payments are all made. If you have not made any payments they will not agree.Are you able to pay all the tax you owe or do you need to pay by instalments?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, this is incorrect. I have negotiated a settlement in principle, I just need to attach a separate GI remittance request in an appropriate format and wording - I can insert the specifics, I just need a start, body and conclusion to my letter - now, are you able to assist with template letter? or alternativley provide a refund as I feel you are wasting my time if you cannot assist, as I have been able to achieve more already even though I am not an expert.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,In the agreement have they agreed to remit the interest? What have they agreed to verbally? Or are they asking you to put terms to them to consider?It is not that simple to provide you with a letter. Any solicitor needs to know what has occurred and what they have told you. If you wish me to discontinue, I am happy to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They are they asking me to put forward reasons for them to consider, which I already have (reasons). I need you to write me an intro, leave me a gap for my reasons, then you write a conclusion and close the letter in an appropriate format. I dont need you to close a deal, or write the whole thing, just a template I can use to fill in the gaps myself.

I disagree, it is simple to provide a letter template along the lines I ask if you know how. Dont make it more complicated than it needs to be, I did'nt pay $85 to toss this back a forward all night, just give me something to work with, unless you are not up to the task.