Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

Have received infrignment for red light. Lights turned yellow

Have received infrignment for red light. Lights turned yellow about when I was about 100 feet away another car behind me. Made the decision to continue across intersection. Lights turned red when I cleared the intersection but my back wheels were not over white line. Notice said .08sec. Now I have to go to court as I disputed the fine and explained why. Thought fines only issued when you entered intersection on red light.

No, sadly you can get charged for going late through an orange.

In such matters you need to argue that it was safer to drive through than to stop.

It is a stupid law, but a law it is.

On the photo it should show how close the other car was, if it shows that it was indeed close, you can easily argue they could have rear ended you if you stopped.

If not, you should plead guilty.

Please accept