Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

I lent money to a friend of mine Sept last year $8000 , in

I lent money to a friend of mine Sept last year $8000 , in the understanding that he would pay the whole sum back by November 2012. I continually have to chase him for payment & he still owes me $4700 . I am on a disability pension, & have pending medical expenses coming up.
From the time the money was lent to now I have a paper trail of emails & phone texts , which clearly shows the original sum I lent him deposited into his account his acknowledgment of the debt & promises ( broken ) to pay .

taking this into consideration I would like to sue this person for monies owed.
The question is do I have a strong enough case to if so how would I go about it.

Yes, you do have a strong enough case.

You should call (03) 9628 9830 and ask them to mail out to you an application to commence a small claim. Simply fill it in and return it. They will send back to you two copies, one of which you must provide to this chap who won't repay you.

Once that is done, a hearing date will be set where both you and him will have to appear before a judge who will decide the matter. As you have emails showing you lent the money, you would have a decent case here.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.