Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

My mum owns and lives in her house which has a flat underneath.

My mum owns and lives in her house which has a flat underneath. For 25 yrs she allowed my sister , husband and 2girls to live in the house while she livened in flat, they did help with expenses . Now my mum at 84 has moved my sister into flat, husband and children have gone their own ways etc.. But now my sister refuses to help mother do anything around the house garden etc. pays her 100dollar wkly, my mum would like her to move out as now fighting has started, mum cannot take stress, sister bitter about living in flat, even though mum finds it difficult to walk down steep drive etc, my sister refuses to move out says nobody can make her, where does my mother stand on this, I live in another state

Your mum has the easy option of simply giving your sister notice to vacate the premises.

Give her a months notice to leave, then change the locks on the door.

She should perhaps have the police present when the month is up so there is no issue.

As she owns the property, there is no issue with giving notice.

Please accept